Aging People with Visual Impairment
An informational web guide created for those seeking vision related information and other vision correction options.
Aging and Eyesighthttps://www.visioncenter.org/blog/aging-and-eyesight/
“SensAge is a Network of Networks, Associations and Organisations addressing the issues of enabling ageing people with sensory impairments to develop their active citizenship through lifelong learning”
More information: www.sensage.eu
Facebook group: SensAge: Grundtvig Network
- Services for visually impaired elderly persons in Europe, pdf, 1,4MB, by Rosaline de Korte, Graduate Student, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
A Research Study organized by the International Council for Education and Rehabilitation of People with Visual Impairment (ICEVI-EUROPE ) and the European Blind Union (EBU), in cooperation with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, regarding the availability of services for visually impaired elderly persons in Europe.
- Presentations of the SensAge Conference - Istanbul 2013, regarding elderly people with sensory disabilities:
- Depression and anxiety in visually impaired older adults: an overview (summary and video) by Ruth van Nispen
- Deafblindness and mental health: Awareness leads to better intervention, by Sylvie Bilodeau [PDF 922KB]
- Personnes Agees Surdicecite et Morbimortalite, by GERBER Pauline [French language, PDF 405KB]
- Jouer sa crédibilité en consultation mémoire. Les personnes âgées face à l'évaluation cognitive, by Baptiste Brossard [French language, PDF 474]; article on the website www.cairn.info
- Impact of Ageing in Deaf People. Considerations in health care, by Ana García [PDF 533KB]
Abstract: There are some factors affecting deaf people when they grow older. For deaf people, deafness increases to the risk of exclusion due to ageism, and at much higher risk of exclusion is the percentage of elders whose first and often only language is Sign Language. It has been said that Deaf people are born into exclusion and they will with advancing years and increasing life span higher levels of discrimination and exclusion than more other at risk groups of european citizens.
- Transforming Collective Attitudes Towards Participation Through ONCE's Institutional Initiatives, by Félix Villar Gómez [DOC 41KB]
- Quality of visual functioning in the elderly, by Sonja Alimović, Snježana Seitz, Tatjana Petrović Sladetić [DOC 30KB]
- ABSTRACT Audio and Elderly Mobility needs in the City: Survey on Speech Intelligibility and Sound Alarm Localization based on in-Lab Ecologically-oriented Protocol [DOCX 14KB]
- 1st Network Conference by John Harris, Vision Europe Limited
The first of three Annual Conferences organised by the EC Grundtvig Network Project Lifelong Learning Needs for Ageing People with Sensory Disabilities (SensAge) took place in Zagreb, Croatia, on September 30, 2012.
- The elderly, still a young target group
by Peter Verstraten, Royal Dutch Visio (The Netherlands)
- European Expert Meeting on Ageing People with Visual Impairment, April 2011 (The Netherlands)
by Liliya Plastunova, Representative of ICEVI-Europe on EE Countries and Tatjana Gorash, Moldova Blind Union
- Best practices from the European Expert Meeting on Ageing People with Visual Impairment that was held at April 4-5 in Vught, the Netherlands