What is ICEVI-Europe?
Icevi Europe is a professional non-governmental organisation that welcomes any group or person who wishes to support its aims. It now has subscribing individual and corporate members from all over Europe
ICEVI exists to promote educational opportunities and rehabilitation for children and adults with visual impairment throughout Europe. This means people who are totally blind or who have low vision, including those with additional disabilities.
ICEVI does not offer direct services itself. Its Officers and Regional Chairpersons, who are the main contact points for much of its work, undertake a range of promotional activities:
- working with governments, non-governmental organizations and international bodies to improve special needs education
- providing a wide range of information
- offering expert advice and linking members with leading world practitioners
- organizing training courses, seminars and conferences
- supporting the global program for the prevention of blindness
- supporting professional interest groups