Please select country
National Page of Moldova
The republican boarding school for blind children from Balti "Nicolai Ostrovschi"
Director: Olga Junghina
Address: Orheiului Street, 115, Balti, Republic of Moldova
Phone: (+0373) 0231 22354, 22355
Created in 1953, the boarding school from Balti is a state institution.
The instruction is taking place after a special plan of the general school. The high complete studies can be gained at one of the 5 schools in the republic (north, south and centre).
The school has the capacity for 150 persons.
Technological lyceum for children with low vision from Chisinau
Director: Ala Plinghei
Address: Vlaicu Pîrcãlab Street, 32, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, MD-2012
Phone: (+0373) 225014, 224363
The institution works after a high school program with the possibility to gain lyceum studies, beginning with 2002. In the lyceum are studying 150 children from Chisinau. There you can study professions like computer operator and seamstress.
Republican Specialized School for blind and for the people with low vision
Director: Galina Salomatina
Address: Mihai Cogãlniceanu Street, 83, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Phone: (+0373) 238150
In this school you can study professions like secretary, masseur and charity nurse. To study in this school you need to be not older then 35 years and you can gain high general complete studies.
National Center for Information and Rehabilitation of the Union Blind of Moldova
Address: Drumul Viilor Street 36/2, MD-2021, Chisinau, Moldova
Phone: (+ 373) 731456; 731466; 921711
Fax: (+373) 731493
Created in May 2006.
The objectives of the Center: giving information services, instruction, consulting for persons with visual disabilities.
- The creation of the information and social rehabilitation infrastructure for the blind persons
- The extinction of information and rehabilitation services through the implementation of new technologies.
- Contribution to the creation and functioning of the legislative and executive framework working for the assistance of the persons with disabilities.
- Render the public opinion concerning the problems of the disabled persons.
The services offered by the Center:
- Specialized library (Sonora books, Braille, renting facilities in the reading room, library helper, cultural activities, mini typography Braille, registration studio).
- Psychological consulting;
- Instruction in space orientation amd mobility;
- Studying the Braille system;
- Use of the computer;
- Elementary rehabilitation;
- Juridical assistance.
The Union Blind of Moldova
President: Dumitru Sclifos
Address: Columna Street, 101, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 2012
Phone: (+ 373) 22-27-89, 22-51-91
Nongovernmental organization, created in 1946 and till present activates on a SOM Status. The status was adopted at the XIII-th Congress of the Union on 15 June 2005, registered at the Ministry of Justice of Moldova.
The main objective of the Union is to gather the blind and partially blind citizens, in order to assure them with work places, to give them social and cultural activities, to contribute to arousal of their general knowledge, professions and to create special conditions for communication between them.
The Union Blind has 8,5 thousands members who are or totally blind or partially blind, citizens of Moldova, who are registered in 46 primary, territorial and production organizations.
"VITA"- the Association of Deaf-blind Children and Youth with Multiple Disabilities of Moldova
Address: MD 2043, Moldova, Chisinau, Alexandru cel Bun, 83 street, office 101
Phone: +373 22 890005
Fax: +373 022 221535
- psychological - pedagogical support of families which educate children with special needs;
- realization of constitutional right for education, training and rehabilitation of deaf-blind children with multiple disabilities in educational institutions in Chisinau;
- involvement of volunteer assistance in the problem of deaf-blind children with multiple disabilities;
- psychological and pedagogical integration of deaf-blind children with multiple disabilities.