Arcticles of Association
ICEVI-Europe is governed by Articles of association of ICEVI-Europe.
In by-laws, adopted in accordance with the Articles of Association, you can find information about the countries of the sub regions, the number of national representatives per country and the voting rights.
The Articles of Association were amended on August 14, 2013 accordance to the decisions taken by the general meeting/general assembly of July 4, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey.
Members of European Committee of ICEVI 2017-2021
Mrs. Dorthe Marie Degn, representing subregion Baltic and Nordic countries, CV [PDF format, 108kB]
Mrs. Ana Isabel Ruiz López, representing subregion South European countries, CV [PDF, 78kB]
Mrs. Kathleen Vandermaelen, Secretary, representing subregion German and Dutch speaking countries
Mrs. Beata Pronay, representing subregion Central European countries, CV [PDF format, 103kB]
Mr. Vladimir Ruchin, representing subregion East European countries, CV [PDF fornmat, 294kB]
Mrs. Andrea Hathazi, Vice-President, representing subregion Balkan countries, CV [PDF format, 122kB]
Advisors of ICEVI-Europe
Immediate Past President
Mrs. Betty Leotsakou ✝
Executive Assistant to the President
Mrs. Martha Gyftakos, MBA
IT Foundation for the Visually Impaired
ICEVI-Europe Annual Reports
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2020 [PDF format, 1,2MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2019 [PDF format, 1,1MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2018 [PDF format, 1,5MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2017 [PDF format, 1,6MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2016 [PDF format, 1,4MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2015 [DOCX format, 3,5MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2014 [DOC format, 4,3MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2013 [DOC format, 4,9MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2012 [DOC format, 4,8MB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2011 [DOC format, 459kB]
- ICEVI-Europe Annual report 2010 [DOC format, 207kB]
Every four years there will a general assembly. One of the issues is the election of the president and the members of the board.
Profile of the president
- International experience concerning rehabilitation and education of people with visual impairment
- Managerial experience
- Availability at least one day a week
- Ability to travel
- Availability of a secretariat
- Working knowledge of English
- Availability of financial support to do his/her work
Network of national representatives
Europe consists of many countries, especially since the early nineties, when many countries in Eastern Europe and the former Yugoslavia became independent.
Since the 5th European Conference of ICEVI in Cracow, we have now in 50 countries a national representative. He/She will help us to provide information about activities in their country on the National Page. Read also the job description of the national representatives.
|Number of inhabitants in the country||Number of national representatives|
|less than 20 milions||1 national representative|
|more than 20 and less than 50 milions||2 national representatives|
|more than 50 milions||3 national representative|
This means that all countries have 1 national representative, except countries with more than one national representative:
|Country||Number of national representatives|
|Belgium||2 national representatives|
|France||3 national representatives|
|Germany||3 national representative|
|Italy||3 national representatives|
|Ukraine||2 national representatives|
|Poland||2 national representative|
|Romania||2 national representatives|
|Russia||3 national representatives|
|Spain||2 national representative|
|Turkey||3 national representatives|
|United Kingdom||2 national representatives|
Icevi-Europe is member of ICEVI-International.
Professional interest groups
ICEVI-Europe tries to promote the exchange of cooperation between professionals. There are several specific interest groups. See the appropriate tab.
European network for psychologists and related professions working in the field of Visual Impairment chaired by Peter Rodney, MA (Applied Psychology), Educational consultant, Member of European Committee of ICEVI.