please allow us once again to advertise for becoming members of ICEVI Europe. Just now, with the following about to take place, it becomes more and more relevant to have many members!
ICEVI Europe is on a promising way in to the future
- regarding its acceptance
- delivering support in to all European Countries
- as platform for staff development
- as a coordinating central address for activities in the field of the education for vi children and youngsters
- and with its ambitious plan to reach equality in the education for vi children in all European countries
All of this is based on our ongoing work in
- publishing the European Newsletter
- organising workshops and international conferences
- providing a website as an informative platform
To enable us to do so we still need your support! ICEVI Europe is improving its membership system which is unique within ICEVI International and which will create a solid financial basis for climbing all the necessary steps to reach our aims. What are the benefits you will have in joining ICEVI Europe?
- You will receive a 10% Discount on participants' fee to conferences, seminars, and workshops with professionals in the field of visual impairment of ICEVI-Europe.
- Member organizations receive a 10% discount off the conference fee of the European Conference:
- For 2 persons if they pay up to 7 persons attending the conference, for member organizations paying 500 Euro per year.
- For 4 persons if they pay at least 7 persons attending the conference, for member organizations paying 800 Euro per year.
- You will be part of ICEVI Europe's idealistic aims in improving educational systems.
- You will receive all issues of the Newsletter free of charge.
- You are invited to contribute to the ICEVI Media.
- You will receive The Educator free of charge (Non Members will have be charged in the future).
- You will have access to networking opportunities and Consortium Partners for engaging in European Projects and Research, aiding in professional development.
- You will receive a 33% Discount on the subscription to the visual impairment and blindness journal, German Journal "blind sehbehindert" (only in German language) of VBS (Verband für Blinden - und Sehbehindertenpädagogik e.V. - The Association of Pedagogy for the Blind and Visually Impaired), as well as, the opportunity to participate for VBS collective sessions for the same price as VBS-Members.*
- You will receive a 20% Discount for use when purchasing American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) Press books, eLearning, or the Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness in the AFB Store at www.afb.org.*
- You will receive a 10% discount on the self-paced tutorials of Perkins School for the Blind which can be found at http://www.perkinselearning.org/earn-credits/self-paced.*
- You will have the opportunity to join an ICEVI-Europe Professional Interest Group of your choice. For details, please visit the ICEVI-Europe website at http://www.icevi-europe.org.
ICEVI Europe has idealistic aims and You are invited to support this ambition. Therefore please encourage your colleagues, motivate schools, services, centres associations and institutions to join ICEVI Europe! Find forms for the application in our website www.icevi-europe.org or in case you have no web access just fill in the membership application form in the last European Newsletter or write a request for that form to:
Hans Welling, President
e-mail: wellingja at yahoo.com
Mr. Steve McCall, Treasurer of ICEVI-Europe
* In the event you are interested in receiving these Benefits, ICEVI-Europe will send you a Letter of Confirmation saying that you are in fact a Member of ICEVI-Europe. In this case, please send an email with your request of a Letter of Confirmation to the Executive Assistant to the Presidency of ICEVI-Europe, Mrs. Martha Gyftakos (mgyftakos[@]yahoo.com) so that you may use this Letter when you contact VBS, AFB, and/or Perkins School for the Blind for the purpose of obtaining these benefits.